Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lunch Break

After the busy morning I've had I've earned the right to have a cookie. Maybe even two cookies. Only problem is I don't have any. I could make some. But once again, we run into a problem. I don't have any eggs. Or flour. Lucky for me I have some experience with vegan baking and on a very random whim I bought some peanut flour at Trader Joe's last week. Things are looking up. I knew some day my randomness would turn into a good thing.




Peanutty Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Heat your oven to 350

1/2 cup butter or margarine

1/2 cup peanut butter

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup powdered sugar

3 Tbs. apple sauce

1 Tbs. oil

1 tsp. vanilla

1 cup peanut flour*

1/4 tsp. baking powder

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 cup chopped peanuts

1/2 cup chocolate chips

*if u don't have peanut flour just plain ol' regular white flour will work just fine

First you are going to mix together in a small bowl, the peanut flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, mix together the butter or margarine, peanut butter and both sugars. Add the applesauce, oil, and vanilla. When these are all combined, add the flour mixture.  Mix until a dough forms. Stir in the peanuts and chocolate chips. Scoop into balls and bake for 10-12 minutes rotating the cookie sheet half way through baking. When they come out of the oven IMMEDIATELY press cookies flat with the back of a fork. If you so desire, you may dip the back of that fork in sugar just to give the cookies an added sugary treat. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment