Monday, April 18, 2011

Its been a while.

It has been a looooong while since I have come around here. So what is it that I have been doing with all this time besides baking? I know that you know exactly what I have been up to, my Dear, One, Faithful Reader, however, on the off chance I have another faithful follower unbeknownst to me, allow me to share. I've been to The Happiest Place on Earth

Spent some time at family karaoke



My son is awesome. I know, I know, I know!!! I know what you are thinking. You are thinking, "She has to say that. She's the mom. She's biased!" Well you are absolutely correct. I am  biased. BUT...He really is awesome. He has such a great voice. He can really rock the place out. Not only am I his mom, I'm his proud mom.

We also hit up an Egg-dyeing party.
 
 

What else? What else have I been up to? Oh yeah! I've been making cinnamon roll nuggets!!!  These cinnamon rolls are awesome just because they are cinnamon rolls. Cinnamon rolls are completely awesome. Wouldn't you agree? If you don't agree, why not? Whats up with that? You can totally increase the awesomeness of these cinnamon rolls by deep frying them in oil and rolling them in a cinnamon-sugar mixture!!!!!! How do you like that?!!?!?!?!?!?! They taste like cinnamon roll doughnuts. Awesome. What else can I say.

Awesome Cinnamon Roll Nuggets

1 cup of milk heated to wrist temperature. This means that the milk should feel warm to the touch against your wrist.

1 packet of yeast

1/3 cup sugar

1 tsp. salt

1 egg, lightly beaten

3-4 cups flour
--------------------------------
1/4 c. butter, melted

1/2 c. sugar mixed with 1 tsp. cinnamon

Now this is going to sound like kind of a process but it really isn't that difficult. There is a lot of time involved but most of it is just resting time for the dough. Pour the yeast into the milk and let it sit for about 10 minutes. The yeast will get all frothy. Add to this the sugar, salt, and egg. Mix well. Begin adding in the flour, 1 cup at a time. When the dough gets too thick to stir in the flour begin kneading it in by hand. This is a bit messy. It helps if you flour your hands first. When you have a firm ball of dough, place it in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a damp towel. Let it rise for about 2 hours. When the dough has risen, punch it down flat. This is the fun part. I like to feel it deflate. Let the dough rest for about 5 minutes. This will make it easier to work with. Now here is where these are a bit different than actual cinnamon rolls. I cut my dough into tiny pieces like this. Roll each dough piece in the melted butter and then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture.  Then place them on a large baking sheet. You can also lay them next to each other in a bowl. When they back they will bake stick together and form a loaf but you can easily tear them off. Like this. 


 Let them rise for another hour. If you would like to have fresh cinnamon rolls in the morning, let them rise in the refrigerator over night. If you choose to refrigerate, let them sit at room temperature for a half hour before baking. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. If you are frying them in oil, heat the oil to 360 and fry them several at a time for 4-6 minutes. Immediately roll them in cinnamon-sugar mixture afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment